1. If you have your start online business ideas ready you should think about how to spread your offer on the internet, how to go about setting up an online business. First decision: Do you want to set up an own domain and website, do you want to set up a blog on blogger or wordpress or do you want to pass on having your own web presence. I highly recommend installing at least a blog on wordpress. But the best solution is your own keyword optimized domain and website or blog.
2. The next step in setting up an online business is setting up your web site or blog. If you decided to do without your own web presence you can skip to step 5.
If you want your own domain you have to buy a domain name at for example name cheap. Then get a web hosting at for example host gator. I’d recommend the baby plan. The corresponding web sites are self explaining. Then connect your domain to your web hosting. To accomplish this see following video:
3. Next step in setting up an online business is installing wordpress on your web site. For a quick install via c panel which is your control panel for host gator see following video:
If you decide to install wordpress manually see here:
If you decided to build a static website you need some skills in HTML and / or a software like SeaMonkey.
4. In setting up an online business the creation of content one of the most important steps to success. Whether you set up a blog, a website, a sales page or a squeeze page the content is what gets people interested to the degree that they will click through to your offer and buy in the end. So be very careful to fill your blog or website with highly targeted, keyword optimized, valuable content. Next thing is to formulate your content psychologically smart. After all you want people to take the intended action, be it, opt in to your newsletter or take advantage of your offer.
5. If the creation of highly valuable, high quality 100% unique content is one of the most important steps towards success setting up an online business, traffic to your site is as important. If you have spammy content people will leave your page quickly. But if you don’t have traffic to your site it’s the same as if it wasn’t even there on the internet.
So driving traffic is your actual marketing activity. The more targeted traffic the more sales. Here comes the difference between having your own web presence or not. If you do have your own web presence you drive the traffic there. If you don’t, you have to drive the traffic directly to your affiliate links. So you see the benefit of your own web presence. There you can have as many affiliate links or own offers as you want and the traffic you drive there can potentially see all of them. Having no web presence on the other hand means you have to drive traffic to each and every affiliate link separately.
Well actually this traffic aspect doesn’t belong to setting up an online business so I will cover marketing in future articles.